BarbertonJournal.com a provider of local news and entertainment with content by local writers, experts, and Community Leaders. Opinions are the writers.
The go to products are still Chlorox Beach and Lysol. They kill everything. Peroxide also kills viruses. Other Brand Name products are listed by the EPA. Akron GOJO’s Purell Wipes makes the list. It is good to see an approved list of tested products.
Alcohol over 70% or 35 proof kills. Has anyone tested Bourbon as a prevention against CoVid19? Sorry, beer, and wine, your just not strong enough.
The CDC released a statement that says for “disinfection, diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective.”
The EPA has a program called Emerging Viral Pathogen. It uses company provided data on harder to kill virus to create the list. (A company will get sued out of existence if they lie on there data.)
The CDC cautions people to read the label of the products for the needed contact time to kill viruses. It changes with each product. DO NOT SPRAY AND WIPE. Hand washing is the same. Use the old time tune of two Happy Birthdays when washing the hands. Soap is enough to kill all bacteria and virus as there is data that suggest the physical act of washing the hands with a water flush that removes the macrobiotics.
Here are some of the registered disinfectants on the EPA’s list. Find the full here
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Commercial Solutions
- Clorox Disinfecting Spray
- Clorox Multi-Surface Cleaner + Bleac
- Lysol Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist
- Lysol Heavy-Duty Cleaner Disinfectant Concentrate
- Peak Disinfectant Wipes
- Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant
- Peroxide Disinfectant and Glass Cleaner
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Sani-Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipe
- Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray
Other products will be added as companies submit testing data.