BarbertonJournal.com a local news and entertainment provider with content by local writers, experts, and Community Leaders. Opinions are the writers.
Berlin Motel, Hamburger Wars, and
Other News around 44203 !!
- A post about Steve’s Motel possibly being purchased by the City of Green, sparked a short explanation about the Berlin Motel in Barberton. First, it is not in Norton and the Berlin family does not own the property. The family wished the name could be changed.
Marsha Boatright Berlin who now lives in Florida stated that the family “never imagined it would become such an unsavory place.” The motel was called Furr’s when the Berlin family first started the business. There have been 3 generations of Berlin’s in the business.
2. Magic City Subs has a new sandwich. It is an old fashion hamburger that will challenge Hodge’s Cafe. The Barberton hamburger war is on. Hodge’s has fought off previous challengers and this is a friendly war too!! Give both burgers a try. Of course, you can get a beer at Hodge’s 2
3. Kave is trying an improv show on Saturday, March 7, at 5 pm.
4. The community shower for the Quints is March 8 from 3-6 pm
at Prince of Peace Church on Shannon Ave. Next to West Elementary.
5. Do not forget to try the New Red Horse Wine, Pure Pear! I love pear so of course it is great.But their pizza is very good. A lot of toppings. MMMEEMM
6. Singapore and China are putting masks on their pet dogs. If they have to eat them. they will be free of the virus.